Some of the projects the Beautiful Joe Heritage Society has been developing are:
- Continuing improvements to the Beautiful Joe Park with our ambitious Accessibility Project
- Continued expansion of Paradise Island, a serene place in Beautiful Joe Park, where your animal companion can be remembered with a memorial plaque and/or tree.
- The Creation of a professional stage production Beautiful Joe - The Play, where children and adults of all ages, will be able to see their beloved hero come to life. This will also allow visitors from all over to attend a potential yearly art/drama/song festival, in collaboration with other festivals across Canada, and beyond.
- On-going Fundraising campaign for the recently completed and newly opened Beautiful Joe Leash Free Park which allows pets the freedom to roam and play with others in the spirit of the book.
- Eventually, establishing a Beautiful Joe Museum, to celebrate the life of Margaret Marshall Saunders in the place that brought her such joy and success.
The Society relies on your generous support in reaching our goals. And without your support none of our goals to date could have been reached. Please consider becoming a yearly 'Friend of Beautiful Joe' for only $20, or make a donation to the Society so that we may continue with our plans and keep Joe's memory and message alive..
Volunteers also play a big role at the Beautiful Joe Heritage Society. If you would like to donate some of your time, please contact us today.